Black carbon pollution research
In March 2016, an ultra-light aircraft will take off a round-the-world journey, equipped with a new measuring instrument which will provide accurate data about global black carbon concentration. The aircraft will be piloted by one of the best pilots in the world, Matevž Lenarčič.
- The planet Earth is getting warmer.
- Scientists predict significant rise of sea level in the next years (1 m, NASA).
- Black carbon adds 1,1 W/m2 to the greenhouse effect, caused by anthropogenic pollution.
- 7 Million people worldwide die every year due to air pollution.
- We can act once we know the problem.
- We must change black carbon pollution legislation in order to save our lives